Sunday 8 May 2011

"You changed your name to McLovin?!"-Superbad (2007) Review


Superbad Review

Director: Greg Mottola
Genre: Comedy
Codestar30 Rating: 8.5/10

Meet Seth (Jonah Hill) and Evan (Michael Cera). Two unpopular, awkward teenagers in their last  week of High School. Although usually excluded from parties, after claiming they are getting a fake ID they are entrusted to buy alcohol for the final big party of the year, hosted by the coolest girl in school, Jules (Emma Stone). Seth wants Jules, and Evan wants Becca (Martha MacIsaac). Maybe if they get the booze, they can get them drunk enough to get laid. However to get the booze, they're going to need the help of their nerdy acquaintance, Fogel (Christopher Mintz-Plasse) who actually has a fake ID. Too bad his fake ID says his name is Mclovin, he is 25 and is a Hawaiian organ donor. 

This film is really funny. The first time I watched it I couldn't stop laughing. I have lost count of how many times I have seen it since, and I still enjoy watching it. 

The performances from every actor are great, every single 1 contributes to the comedy, the laughs are non-stop, The characters are genius, The plot is great and is a great basis for laughs, and there's a really good aaaaaawwwww ending.

I can't really think of much to say really as all I can do is praise the genius humor and story of this film. There really are no down sides to it. So I'm simply going to say; Go watch it. Its brilliant. You WILL laugh your arse off.



No comments:

Post a Comment